- Datamaran Reports Search module allows you to search beyond the list of pre-set topics and explore the whole references and narrative around ESG macro-trends existing in corporate reports.
- You can dig into your peers’ corporate reports and best-in-class companies to explore their disclosing practices: what targets are they setting and what actions are they putting in place to reach those targets.
- It also allows you to see the evolution of those references displaying the trends since 2010 and exploring the mentions related to those references.
To perform a Search in the Reports tab, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Search module at the left side of the menu;
2. Go to the ‘Reports’ tab;
3. Type a search query in the search bar. In this example, we used one of the queries saved for your use (“executive compensation “OR “executive bonus”), but you can create your queries following the instructions provided in this article, How to build a search query in Datamaran's Report search tool.
4. Refine your search with the filters at the bottom of the search bar that allows you to research reports from specific years and of specific types, including companies, either using the industries and countries filters or making reference to the company report directly.
5. Click on ‘Search’ to launch the analysis.) Your search results will appear; in the ‘Mentions’ tab. You can explore disclosure practices and pinpoint exact references to any term(s) within companies’ reports with highlighted sections by clicking on a report title.
Please note that the results are sorted by relevance, which considers several parameters, such as the number of mentions within the text of reports.
6. In the insights tab, you will be able to see four different visualizations of your results:
- Publication year: displays the evolution in corporate reporting over time;
- Report type breakdown: displays corporate reporting trends by report type;
- Region breakdown: displays corporate reporting trends by region;
- Sector breakdown: displays corporate reporting trends by sector;
7. You can add the charts storyboard by clicking on the "Add to storyboard " and download them on PNG and XLSX files by clicking on the tree lines icon in the top right-hand corner.